Monday, September 10, 2012

Lonely in the crowd

I am walking down the path, don’t feel anyone next to me, don’t see anybody. It feels so freaking cold, I can’t describe it. I wanna go out, wanna leave this place. Where am I? How have I come here and how can I leave?

Well, the thing is: I can’t. The other thing is: I'm not alone. No matter where I go to, I’ll always find someone. Sometimes I need more time to be able to see him or her, but there is someone. I know it, I feel it - yet I do. You have to believe me. You are never alone.


You might know ‘footprints in the sand’ – if not, I posted it below this entry. It is one of my fave texts that I’ve ever read. I have framed that and hung it up next to my room, and every time I walk across it, I read the lines and I always get tears in my eyes. This is so beautiful and so true.


In our world not everything is easy. Sometimes we feel lonely. I had such a tough time one year ago. It took a while till I found back to what I love – you can read about it by clicking on the ‘My story’ tab of my blog, and go to 'When I started my blog'. Back then I thought I had nobody to talk to, nothing that I did made any sense to me. In some way I knew that I was surrounded by my family and friends, who would help me and take care of me, but I felt lonely anyway.


We are 7 billion people in this world. Such a very big crowd. So how can it be possible that someone feels lonely? We might haven’t the strength to talk about what is bothering us, sometimes we simply don’t know ourselves. I was lucky to be able to see again. I now know that you can’t see everything that is existing with your eyes. You have to see them with your heart and then you will understand that though you feel lonely or left alone, you’ll never be.





PS: Leona Lewis made a song in which she sings about it. I really love that song, even though I haven't found the original version of it on youtube. Just listen to the lyrics ;)



3 comments:

Chriselle Almeida said...

Sanny, you are a ray of light! I have never met you and feel pure affection and joy towards you :) Continue the good work, friend!

Carrie Van Horn said...

What wonderful encouraging words Sanny! So true and in need of being shared over and over again. :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you guys so much for your warm and kind words. I really appreciate this a lot!!!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...