Thursday, October 25, 2012

My first own sitcom: Artists of Life


Today the day has come: I’ll finally introduce you to the story and the characters of my first own sitcom called: Artists of Life.
the main characters of Artists of Life: Haley, Gary and Brent (left to right)
It’s about an actor, Gary, and his boyfriend Brent, a writer, who live together in an apartment in New York. In the pilot it starts that they are in trouble to pay their rent, but they don’t wanna give it and their dreams up. The two came to New York to work on their careers, and they still believe that they can do it. While Brent is still writing on his first book, and also writes sometimes for an economical magazine, Gary wants to play a pilot in a new play, and hopes he’ll pass the audition. And because they still believe that they will be successful one day, Gary has the idea to play a casting director, preparing himself for his own audition, and for finding the perfect new room mate who should have a regular income. But when it doesn’t work out the way they want to, they go shopping to find the perfect outfit for Gary's audition, and that's when they firstly meet Haley. A sweet, young girl, who broke up with her boyfriend recently, and wants to move out of their apartment.

It’s about the three of them, all very different, but all believers, all fighters. They all love family and that’s what brings them together.

I called it Artists of life, because life is an art. It’s not always easy to get through some situations, but we’ll get over them sooner or later with the help of our family and friends. People who are always there for us, and believe in us, sometimes even more than we believe in ourselves. These guys will hopefully cheer you up when you feel upset, and maybe show you how important family is, that different people can be stronger when they work together, and a weakness can become a strenght.

The pilot will be released on Sunday, November 4th. You’ll be able to read it on my blog, and download it as PDF, or download it directly on your Kindle, or any other e-book reader by clicking on my Movellas site. The download will be for free of course.

I’m already brainstorming on some further episodes, which will be released in a regular period after the pilot. Just like the sitcoms you know from TV, but instead of watching you can read about 20 pages per episode. I really hope you’ll like it, and if so, I’ll continue to write it. 

Please tell me what you think of the story, if you have an idea for an episode you can also write me (but then please use the contact form on the ‘Contact me’ tab, thanks). 

As you might have already seen, I made a new tab with some more on Artists of Life.

3 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

What a great idea for a sitcom! You've done a lot of background work, I can tell. You're so creative! Good luck on this endeavor.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Tina.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to go along with with you one this subject. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...