Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The bigger the better

When I was a child, my parents got used to tell me that I shall eat these and that - mostly fruits and vegetables - and eat everything on the plate. “You need to grow, you don’t want to stay so little, do you?”, they asked me not just once. They told me I have to become taller and stronger. Taller is bigger. So we learn from the very beginning, bigger is better. But what is big?

Breadcrumbs can be big, can’t they? You would now probably say - no, definitely not, but then I would say: ask an ant. Okay they aren’t able to answer but I guess you know what I mean. It’s depending on who is asked. Everything is big in some way. It’s just how you look at it or who looks at it.

I guess you should ask yourself what is big for you? And how can ‘big’ be defined? Is the bigger really the better? Does anything has to be big? What do you think about it?




2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have always thought that quality is much more important than quantity...in my humble opinion.

Unknown said...

Yes of course it is. I also do not have a huge amount of friends because I prefer close and true friends. Quality is always better no matter what it is.
But my blog entry means more that in our world everything has to be big, but everything in our world is already big - it only depends on who is looking at it.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...