Friday, July 13, 2012

It's all about belief


Today is Friday 13th. So many people all over the world believe that this is a bad day. Some do not even wanna get up in the morning because they are too scared about what could happen. I never really believed in that. Or that something bad will happen to me when I get up on the wrong side of the bed or a black cat crosses my path. I also can’t imagine why more bad things should happen on a Friday 13th than on any other day.

For the Christians is the Friday the bad day of the week because Jesus died on a Friday, on Good Friday. Judas was the 13th of Jesus’ disciples and he betrayed him. That’s why the 13 is known as the unlucky number. Many hotels don’t have a 13th floor, or a room with that number. Several airlines don’t have a 13th row. Others explain that the 13 is one more than the dozen, which is known as a ‘complete number’. So the 13th is just one too much.

Do you believe in the unlucky number or is the 13 even a lucky number for you? Do you have a lucky number?  I actually have, it’s the seven. I can’t explain it very well, but the seven always brought me luck in so many ways. Mostly the seventh song of a music album is my favorite and also the seventh episode of a sitcom’s season. Not that I check if it’s actually number seven, I just listen to or watch it and I like it and then I look which number it is. The seven is also the number of the month in which I am born - in July.  And it is a number often used in fairytales.

In my mind I don’t think that really bad things will only happen because it’s Friday 13th. I mean it’s a day like any other, isn’t it? What do you think about Friday 13th? Are you superstitious? Or do you believe that some things can bring bad luck?

2 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Sanny, I don't believe that more bad things happen on Friday the 13th. I am not superstitious myself, but I know many people are. I kind of just joke about it being Friday the 13th.

Unknown said...

So do I. Thanks for your reply, Tina.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...